Thursday, August 2, 2012

The frenzy begins

Well in a matter of just a 24 hour period Edinburgh is starting to get packed... (must be opening weekend?) street performers and flyer hander outers are everywhere! After rehearsal I took some time to myself to wander about- went down Victoria street, right underneath our venue, and found this incredible gallery with trinkets by local artists and I'm obsessed. Imagine the urban outfitters apartment section but 100 times cooler, European, and artisan crafted. Needless to say I spent a lot of money and I'm sure I'll be back to spend more... To compromise I got a cheap-o dinner but was still enjoyable! I met up with the group to go on a ghost tour in the city's underground vaults... Definitely creepy, and I even got photo evidence of paranormal activity, or so the guide agreed and claimed it was an orb- decide for yourself. (maybe it was just margaret checking in on me) after the tour I was the lone ranger to go out and begin my fringe frenzy- I stumbled upon a girl handing out free tickets to "Kiss Me and You Will See How Important I Am"- a new Irish physical theatre piece. It was interesting, all about young adults and their issues. It was neat to go see something though and I'm looking forward to seeing much much more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment